Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Met Gala 2014

Hi guys! I hope your week is going wonderfully. My laptop has officially died as of Sunday night, right now I'm resorting to my desktop. First world problems, I know.
As most of you know, last night was the annual Met Gala in New York City, which of course, is one of the largest fashion events of the year. The theme this year derived from the artistic works of Charles James. There was a vintage vibe with a lot of the dresses, which I really enjoyed, and I was highly anxious to see the rest, but alas, I was a bit disappointed. Of course there were many that I loved, but overall I wasn't too thrilled.
Here I've chosen three of my favorites from last night. Of course there were more, Taylor Swift and Kendall Jenner looked stunning, as well as Karlie Kloss. Oh, and I can't forget Blake Lively who took my breath away in a Gucci Premier dress. Large ballgowns and crop tops were a popular trend, as well as black and white and floral. 
Let me begin with Cara Delevigne in Stella McCartney. I wasn't surprised at all with Cara's choice in a crop and pants.The sultry top with the clean pants and heels suit her style perfectly, and she looks amazing as always. Next, Tabitha Simmons in Dolce & Gabbana. With so much tulle and flowers, I never thought I would like this dress, but there's just something about it that makes me happy inside. The only thing I'm still confused with is whether or not I like the color, it seems to wash her out. I've already raved over Blake, so last up is Amber Heard in a Giambattista Valli Haute Couture dress with Fred Leighton jewelry. The color of the dress is beautiful and the exquisite jewel details give it a vintage-glamour style. 
Now onto the fun part, the worst dressed. Luckily there was nothing too tragic this year, at least not in my eyes, but there were definitely some that should have never made it out of the fitting room. Anne Hathaway wore a very basic two piece dress from Calvin Klein Collection. It's not that it's a bad or ugly dress, it's just very boring. Add a necklace, wear a shawl, something! It's the Met Gala for goodness sakes, have some fun. Next we have Rosamund Pike in Louis Vuitton. I'm pretty sure I got this same dress from Limited Too when I was ten. Disappointing. That's all I have to say. Lastly, SJP in Oscar de la Renta. The dress itself isn't too bad, but paired with the gloves, and the hair, and SJP herself, I just felt like it made her look like she was 12. Maybe next time?

Tell me what your favorite, or least favorite, look was from the Met Gala!

Let's be pals:


No comments:

Post a Comment