Some of my favorite memories have been from trips to the beach, and I'm more than excited for summer to get here so I can finally hit the road with my friends again and make new memories. Packing for the beach, on the other hand, seems to be a daunting task. I always feel like there's something I'm missing and end up having to buy when I get there. So today, I've come up with a list of essential items to bring with you to the beach so that you can relax and have a good time, and also save you from having to buy those ugly beach shop flip flops.
1. Swimsuit- This one should be pretty obvious. You'll need a bathing suit if you're going to be hanging out on the beach or by the pool this summer. Check out H&M, Forever 21, Target, and Old Navy for cute and cheap suits.
2. Sunglasses- Take a pair of cute sunnies with you everywhere you go if it's sunny out. Protect those eyes in style.
3. Towel- A printed towel or beach mat will keep you from laying on those hot lounge chairs or sand. You'll also need something to dry off with after a dip in the pool!
4. Cover up- Invest in a chic cover-up this summer, and that possibly could be worn for many more years. How could you possibly feel self-conscious in a cute cover-up?
5. Beach bag- Get a large tote to help carry all of your essentials in! Straw bags don't get as dirty as easily as a cloth bag, plus they're cuter in my opinion ;)
6. Sandals- I know, You're probably thinking "Birkenstocks. Really?" Yes, really. After they died for a few years, they have risen again. Plus they make cute beach to shops shoes.
7. Sunscreen- If you're going to take anything at all anywhere this summer, it should be sunscreen. No questions asked.
8. A Book- Even when you're with your girls or family, there's going to be a period of silence where everyone's soaking up the sun (or possibly asleep). Take a book to keep you occupied.
9. Over sized hat- A large hat will protect your face from harsh UV rays. Don't forget- You're face won't be the same color as your body if you tan while wearing it. Just Saying.
Let's Be Pals: